Loot is on a mission to shake up the finance industry by empowering young people to know more about their spending, so they can do more with their money. Young people often lack the funds to live the life and have the experience they desire. We believe that with better insights into their spending, a product tailored to their financial needs, and a brand they can truly identify with, young people can have greater financial security and afford the life they want.
You’ll join an ambitious & playful team with diverse & interesting backgrounds, unified by our purpose: to give young people freedom & security in their own choices in life. You’ll be working in our central London location, right next to the Thames - often joined by a four-legged furry friend (or two!).
We cultivate a workspace where everyone is welcomed regardless their sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion etc. Diversity of our background and experience creates a pleasant environment for our employees and leads to building even better product.
Hack and Build Fast - We are true to our challenger brand origins: we’re bold, move fast and apply original thinking to everything we do. We’re less afraid of making mistakes than missing out on opportunities.
Assume Positive Intent - We create strong & honest relationships between everyone working in or with Loot. We see the best in each other, as we know we are all here on the same mission.
Show Your Character - Life happens when we’re busy working, so we make sure we have a good time - we work hard and laugh harder. We work to build & maintain an inclusive, diverse and playful company culture, where our employees are never afraid to be themselves!
No Egos - Loot had unique beginnings: a company of friends without without hierarchy or ego. We want to preserve this culture as Loot grows: we don’t pull rank, we are open, honest & humble, and believe that ideas are more important than job titles.
Act Fearlessly - Whilst we’re not reckless, we embrace our creativity and take risks. We explore big ideas, even if they initially seem too ambitious or crazy. Everyone at Loot has the space to be heard and speak freely.
Accountability - Internally, we hold each other accountable to advance our mission and the decisions we make. Externally, we enable young people to hold themselves accountable for their spending, so that they are empowered to make their own choices in life.
About the Role
The banking industry is known for having terrible UX. A lot of the problems you'll be solving will surround creating great user experiences that don't exist today. These problems are tough. Data on the scale of banking in complexity of stats and figures is not often seen in other apps.
As a QA Engineer, you will support our engineering and product teams with automated and manual testing, and support the release and documentation process.
As a QA, you will:
- Writing automated functional and integration tests
- Support cross-functional team to deliver high-quality features
- Perform manual regression for selected scenarios
- Work close with back-end, front-end devs, PM and PO
- Write technical documentation
- Plan regression and app releases
We're looking for:
- Experience writing test cases, test plans
- Experience in writing functional tests in Python (pytest) or Ruby (RSpec)
- Knowledge about App security
- Experience in testing REST API (POSTMAN or other tool)
- Experience creating test cases that include both happy path and all manner of edge cases
- Experience using Agile (Scrum / Kanban) and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies.
- Basic understanding of application architecture – web applications, client/server applications, database design
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle
- Experience in working with GIT repository
- Experience in working with CI/CD flows ( continuous integration, continuous deployment )
Nice to have:
- ISTQB Certification
- Domain knowledge of banking and financial applications
- Experience in writing Selenium tests
- Experience in writing Cucumber test cases
Important: We want to be transparent with our candidates. Here you can see how Loot will process information about you.
PLEASE NOTE: Loot will only accept applications from candidates legally allowed to work in the UK. We will not be providing visa sponsorships for this role.
Please be aware that we do not use recruitment agents and recruitment agents should not contact us or make applications to us on behalf of candidates. Should such contact or an application still be made, we do not accept any terms and conditions that may be sent to us by an agent and we may contact and recruit the candidate directly without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agent.
- Market rate salaries
- Annual Loot summit! Previous trips include a week in Poland & 4 days in Bristol. Where will we go next?
- Apple tech setup (Macbook Air, MacBook Pro or iMac — dependant on role) — along with a desktop screen.
- Events for equality, diversity and inclusion; recent events include Pride month & International Women’s Day.
- A balance of focus and motivation with chill out and fun. Whether that’s a drink in the local, organising an after work run or grabbing something to eat with ‘lunch buddies’ across the business.