Loot is on a mission to shake up the finance industry by empowering young people to know more about their spending, so they can do more with their money. Young people often lack the funds to live the life and have the experience they desire. We believe that with better insights into their spending, a product tailored to their financial needs, and a brand they can truly identify with, young people can have greater financial security and afford the life they want.
You’ll join an ambitious & playful team with diverse & interesting backgrounds, unified by our purpose: to give young people freedom & security in their own own choices in life. You’ll be working in our central London location, right next to the Thames - often joined by a four-legged furry friend (or two!).
We cultivate a workspace where everyone is welcomed regardless their sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion etc. Diversity of our background and experience creates a pleasant environment for our employees and leads to building even better product.
Hack and Build Fast - We are true to our challenger brand origins: we’re bold, move fast and apply original thinking to everything we do. We’re less afraid of making mistakes than missing out on opportunities.
Assume Positive Intent - We create strong & honest relationships between everyone working in or with Loot. We see the best in each other, as we know we are all here on the same mission.
Show Your Character - Life happens when we’re busy working, so we make sure we have a good time - we work hard and laugh harder. We work to build & maintain an inclusive, diverse and playful company culture, where our employees are never afraid to be themselves!
No Egos - Loot had unique beginnings: a company of friends without hierarchy or ego. We want to preserve this culture as Loot grows: we don’t pull rank, we are open, honest & humble, and believe that ideas are more important than job titles.
Act Fearlessly - Whilst we’re not reckless, we embrace our creativity and take risks. We explore big ideas, even if they initially seem too ambitious or crazy. Everyone at Loot has the space to be heard and speak freely.
Accountability - Internally, we hold each other accountable to advance our mission and the decisions we make. Externally, we enable young people to hold themselves accountable for their spending, so that they are empowered to make their own choices in life.
About the Role
Our Technical Recruiter is the link between Loot and the thriving tech community. You’ll work within our HR team, with the goal of reaching exceptional engineering talent. You will work closely with the Head of Engineering and the rest of the engineers on scaling up the development team.
We care about a strong feeling of belonging and championing the values, hence each new hire should embody and multiply what we define as a great team. Bringing the best talents to the Loot Engineering team comes after bringing the best attitude. You will help us to attract that along with the best skills.
As a Technical Recruiter on our HR team, you will:
- Partner closely with the Head of Engineering to identify, build and execute effective recruiting strategies to engage the best and the brightest engineering talent
- Use our hiring platform and sourcing tools fully to source and attract candidates through direct approach, networking, referrals, university relations, etc
- Manage full cycle of the recruitment process and act as a candidate advocate - provide quick and pleasant experiences for every candidate from application stage to offer while evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates
- Work on improvements of the candidate, new hire, hiring manager, and recruiter experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and candidate management skills; ability to clearly communicate in discussions and in written documents; transparency in the process while updating on the results and stages of the process
- Excellent networker with a track record of organising and attending meetups, conferences, and events as a way to attract candidates
- Experience with progressive sourcing techniques including direct sourcing and internet data mining and recruiting techniques such as search engines, Boolean search strings, LinkedIn and other online networking communities
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and covering different technical recruitment processes
- Organised, able to work in fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as well as adapt to business priorities that change quickly
- Ability to grow professionally by actively staying up to date in areas of expertise
- Strong team player with fearless and curious approach; selfless and accountable for undertaken projects
- Passion for technical recruitment and building the team around the values and Loot's mission
Bonus points if you have:
A strong knowledge of a web-based ATS, preferably Workable
Important: We want to be transparent with our candidates. Here you can see how Loot will process information about you.
PLEASE NOTE: Loot will only accept applications from candidates legally allowed to work in the UK. We will not be providing visa sponsorships for this role.
Please be aware that we do not use recruitment agents and recruitment agents should not contact us or make applications to us on behalf of candidates. Should such contact or an application still be made, we do not accept any terms and conditions that may be sent to us by an agent and we may contact and recruit the candidate directly without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agent.
- Central London location - seconds away from the Thames
- Market rate salaries
- Private Health Care including Dental, Vision and Counselling
- Annual Loot summit! Previous trips include a week in Poland & 4 days in Bristol. Where will we go next?
- Games room, complete with Mario Kart & a ping pong table (if you fancy challenging someone and bringing it out!)
- Apple tech setup (Macbook Air, MacBook Pro or iMac — dependant on role) — along with a desktop screen
- Events for equality, diversity and inclusion; recent events include Pride month & International Women’s Day
- Monthly ‘Forced Fun Fridays’
- Endless supply of freshly ground coffee and EBT (English Breakfast Tea)
- Dog friendly office!
- A balance of focus and motivation with chill out and fun. Whether that’s a drink in the local, organising an after work run or grabbing something to eat with ‘lunch buddies’ across the business