Loot is on a mission to shake up the finance industry by empowering young people to know more about their spending, so they can do more with their money. Young people often lack the funds to live the life and have the experience they desire. We believe that with better insights into their spending, a product tailored to their financial needs, and a brand they can truly identify with, young people can have greater financial security and afford the life they want.
You’ll join an ambitious & playful team with diverse & interesting backgrounds, unified by our purpose: to give young people freedom & security in their own choices in life. You’ll be working in our central London location, right next to the Thames - often joined by a four-legged furry friend (or two!).
We cultivate a workspace where everyone is welcomed regardless their sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion etc. Diversity of our background and experience creates a pleasant environment for our employees and leads to building even better product.
Hack and Build Fast - We are true to our challenger brand origins: we’re bold, move fast and apply original thinking to everything we do. We’re less afraid of making mistakes than missing out on opportunities.
Assume Positive Intent - We create strong & honest relationships between everyone working in or with Loot. We see the best in each other, as we know we are all here on the same mission.
Show Your Character - Life happens when we’re busy working, so we make sure we have a good time - we work hard and laugh harder. We work to build & maintain an inclusive, diverse and playful company culture, where our employees are never afraid to be themselves!
No Egos - Loot had unique beginnings: a company of friends without hierarchy or ego. We want to preserve this culture as Loot grows: we don’t pull rank, we are open, honest & humble, and believe that ideas are more important than job titles.
Act Fearlessly - Whilst we’re not reckless, we embrace our creativity and take risks. We explore big ideas, even if they initially seem too ambitious or crazy. Everyone at Loot has the space to be heard and speak freely.
Accountability - Internally, we hold each other accountable to advance our mission and the decisions we make. Externally, we enable young people to hold themselves accountable for their spending, so that they are empowered to make their own choices in life.
About the Role
The Growth team at Loot is responsible for accelerating customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. We design and run different experiments to understand customer behaviour. We use these insights to deliver value to our customers more efficiently and effectively. Our main mission is to deliver the best possible experience for our customers and make it easier than ever for young people to know more about their spending, so they can do more with their money.
We are building a creative, analytical and diverse cross-functional team made up of engineers, designers and business analysts. We each represent our own discipline, but our contribution to growth spans way beyond our normal specialism.
As a Business Analyst on our Growth team, you will:
- Drive projects to identify key levers for new user growth, retention, and revenue
- Leverage data to understand the product, identify opportunities, and execute initiatives to drive growth and engagement
- Build models that enhance our understanding of user behaviour and predict future performance
- Design experiments, and assist others on the growth team in designing experiments and interpreting results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Communicate learnings, opportunities and KPI’s with the rest of the organisation in a way that is simple and accessible
We're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (or equivalent training & experience), e.g. Engineering, Data Science, Economics, Finance, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, problem solving, statistics, and project management skills
- Proficiency analysing large data sets with SQL and Excel
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong quantitative skills for data driven decisions
- Proactive and committed to getting things done
- A solid business mindset and the ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
Bonus points if you have:
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Good organisational skills including prioritising, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Experience in business intelligence or related field
- Additional coding skills like R or Python
Important: We want to be transparent with our candidates. Here you can see how Loot will process information about you.
PLEASE NOTE: Loot will only accept applications from candidates legally allowed to work within the UK. We will not be providing visa sponsorships for this role.
Please be aware that we do not use recruitment agents and recruitment agents should not contact us or make applications to us on behalf of candidates. Should such contact or an application still be made, we do not accept any terms and conditions that may be sent to us by an agent and we may contact and recruit the candidate directly without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agent.
- Central London location - seconds away from the Thames
- Market rate salaries
- Private Health Care including Dental, Vision and Counselling
- Annual Loot summit! Previous trips include a week in Poland & 4 days in Bristol. Where will we go next?
- Games room, complete with Mario Kart & a ping pong table (if you fancy challenging someone and bringing it out!).
- Apple tech setup (Macbook Air, MacBook Pro or iMac — dependant on role) — along with a desktop screen.
- Events for equality, diversity and inclusion; recent events include Pride month & International Women’s Day.
- Monthly ‘Forced Fun Fridays’
- Endless supply of freshly ground coffee and EBT (English Breakfast Tea).
- Dog friendly office!
- A balance of focus and motivation with chill out and fun. Whether that’s a drink in the local, organising an after work run or grabbing something to eat with ‘lunch buddies’ across the business.